Due to the pandemic many teens have been at home or spending time with friends that are in their circle which to some parent’s surprise are finding that their teens are experimenting with vaping and/or e-cigarettes. By now most, have heard about vaping or seen someone vaping in public. For teen, the alluring part of vaping is that you can have different vapes and different flavors. It can be easy to hide as well as the vape is small. A vape looks a lot like a zip drive or pen. So, if you are not aware it could be easily overlooked. Look up on google what a vape looks like to help educate yourself.
Signs that your teen is vaping:
- Changes in moods that does not seem normal.
- Finding odd pens or zip drive look alike.
- Changes in grades or failing classes
- Changes in friends or places where they hang out
- Notice your teen is changing clothes or covering up smells with cologne.
- Smelling sweet flavors that does not fit with your teens
- Shortness in breath
- Weight loss
- Nauseous, stomach issues
If you are noticing any of the above signs speak with your teen or call a therapist. We offer online teen vaping groups and individual sessions.